Buying your policy

Where can I view my policy wording?

You can find your policy wording here.

What is the maximum and minimum age you cover on a policy?

There is no age limit on our Single Trip policies. There is an age limit of 64 years on our Annual Multi-Trip policy (UK only). All policies exclude pre-existing medical conditions.

There is no minimum age limit on any of our policies.

My children are aged over 18 so can I still buy a Family policy?

Children up to the age of 17 can be included on a family policy. Any person aged 18 or over would need to purchase an Individual policy.

What is an excess?

An excess is the amount deducted from a claim payment, and applies per incident to each person for each section of cover you claim under. The excesses are listed on your Statement of Insurance.

When should I start my Annual Multi-Trip policy (UK only)?

With Annual Multi-Trip policies, cancellation cover commences on the policy start date. If you have booked any part of your trip, you should set the start date as today to ensure your cancellation cover begins right away.

Can my family travel separately on an Annual Multi-Trip policy (UK only)?

Yes, all family members can travel separately – including children.

Can I cover a child to travel on their own policy?

It is possible to purchase a Single Trip policy for a child under 17 years but the price would be at an adult rate.

Emergency Assistance and Claims

How do I make a claim?

Please see our Making a Claim page for more information.

What do I need to do if a medical emergency occurs abroad?

Contact the 24 hour emergency assistance service immediately on +44 333 333 9669.

Your Policy Benefits

If I'm delayed, what is covered?

Travel delay and abandonment cover is included on most of our policies. Please refer to your Statement of Insurance for confirmation of the cover you have purchased and to your policy wording for full details of the coverage.

In the event of a delay, you will need to obtain proof from the public transport company confirming the duration of, and reason for, the delay.

Do you cover mobile phones, laptops or other gadgets?

If the ‘Personal Possessions’ section is shown on your Statement of Insurance, your policy will provide a limited amount of gadget cover if items are lost, stolen or damaged (up to a specific value).

If you have paid an additional premium and the ‘Enhanced Gadget Cover’ section is shown on your Statement of Insurance, this limit will be increased. Laptops may also be covered if the ‘Business Extended Cover’ section is shown on your Statement of Insurance.

Please refer to your policy wording for full coverage details and for the policy definition of ‘Gadget’.

If I had to cancel my trip, what would be covered?

Providing the ‘Cancellation’ section is shown on your Statement of Insurance and the trip has been cancelled for the specified reasons, you will be covered for unused, non-refundable travel, accommodation and other associated pre-paid charges (such as excursions). Please refer to your policy wording for full coverage details.

Are domestic trips covered?

Single Trip cover can be purchased for domestic trips.

On Annual Multi-Trip (UK only) policies, trips within the UK are also covered where at least 2 nights will be spent in pre-booked accommodation.

Policy Admin, Lost Documents and Changes

What documents do I need to take away with me?

You are advised to take your Statement of Insurance and policy wording with you when you travel.

I’ve lost my documents – how can I obtain replacements?

If you have lost your policy documentation, please email easyJet.ins@intana-assist.com. Your policy documentation will then be sent to you by email.

How do I cancel my policy?

There is a 14 day cooling off period from the date you receive your policy during which you can cancel your policy and receive a full refund, provided no claims have been made and you haven’t travelled on the policy. If you have purchased a Single Trip cover and the start date of your policy is within 14 days of the date of purchase, you can cancel your policy before the start date and receive a full refund.

If you choose to cancel the policy after the 14 day cooling off period has passed, we would not be required to refund any premium.

For cancellations please e-mail easyJet.Ins@intana-assist.com

What can I do if I’m not happy with the insurance or the claims process?

We are committed to treating our customers fairly. However, we realise that there may be times when things go wrong. If this happens, please use the most suitable contact from the following list. Please provide us with your name, policy number, claims or assistance reference (if you have one) and the nature of your complaint.

For complaints about claims or medical emergency service you should contact:

Intana Claims Department
Sussex House
Perrymount Road
Haywards Heath,
West Sussex
RH16 1DN
United Kingdom

If you have any other type of complaint, please refer to the complaints process set out in our Terms of Business document.

Alternatively, you may also report a complaint to us using the Online Dispute Resolution Service.

Medical Health

Am I covered for pre-existing medical conditions?

These policies do not cover pre-existing medical conditions. Please refer to your policy summary and policy wording for further details.

Is pregnancy covered?

This policy does not cover normal pregnancy or childbirth or pregnancy related conditions. However, cover is provided for unexpected complications of pregnancy.

Is dental cover provided?

If the ‘Emergency Medical and Assistance Expenses’ section is shown on your Statement of Insurance, you will be covered for emergency pain relief only whilst overseas up to the amount specified in your Statement of Insurance.


Do Egypt and Morocco fall under Europe?

Yes. For the full list of countries covered please see your policy wording.

In the news

Will I be covered in the event of strikes or industrial action?

Your policy provides cover for travel delay if your departure is delayed by at least 12 hours as a result of strike or industrial action provided that:

  • when the policy was purchased (or when the trip was booked - whichever is the later) strikes/industrial action are not in existence or announced on television, news bulletins or in the general media.

Please refer to your policy wording for full coverage details.

What is covered in the event of a terrorist attack whilst overseas?

In the event of a terrorist incident, cover will be in place under the ‘Emergency Medical Assistance and Expenses’ section if shown on your Statement of Insurance. 

Please refer to your policy wording for full coverage details.